Monday, May 4, 2009

Two Wonderful Movies This Past Weekend

Michael and I saw two amazing movies this past weekend. (Yes, Elyssa, we saw two MORE movies this weekend after we saw you on Saturday!)

The first was "Doubt". Meryl Streep is one of the best actors I have ever seen. She is unbelievable in this role. Phillip Seymour Hoffman was equally impressive in this play turned movie about a priest suspected of molesting a child. I think it also says so much about the Catholic Church in general. I enjoy mostly that the ending of this film is controversial and viewers have very different opinions as to what actually occurs in the film.

Lastly, we saw the Oscar winning best film "Slumdog Millionaire". I can see why so many people were blown away by this film. I loved it. Such a heart warming story of an honest and devoted young man and his sociopathic brother. It is a film that I believe was just perfect for the tough economic times in the world at this time. There were parts of this movie that certainly were difficult to watch, but well worth seeing.

No comments: