Friday, January 30, 2009

Held

Natalie Grant is one of my favorite Christian Music artists. Her song "Held", is one of the most touching songs I have ever heard. I don't know if she wrote the song from her own experience or of someone she knows well. It is about a mother who's child died just two months after their birth. To me, it also pertains to any situation that we are going through where we feel that we need God's supportive love and care when we feel the pain of a loss all around us and over us.

HELD

(excerpt) This is what it means; to be held
How it feels; when the sacred is torn from your life
And you survive
This is what it is to be loved; and to know
that the promise is when everything fell;
We'd be held.

Update: Through some additional research on the internet, I have learned that this song was written after Natalie Grant and her husband lost their son at 2 months of age.

No comments: