Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Favorite Christmas carols and songs

Which are your favorite Christmas carols and songs? Michael and I were discussing which are our favorites. My favorite Christmas carol is "Oh, Holy Night." His is "Silent Night." My favorite Christmas song is "Baby Please Come Home(Christmas)" preferably by Bono and U2. I can't remember which is Mike's favorite Christmas song, but I DO remember that he didn't know the difference between a Christmas song and a Christmas carol! (And, this is a Regis High School and R.P.I. electrical engineering graduate!)

So, which are your favorites? Please leave them here under comments. If you do not have a blog you can leave a comment by posting anonymously. I think it is interesting to also know why we choose a particular song or carol as our personal favorite. I love "Oh, Holy Night" as it reminds me of the love of God in sending us his Son for us. I love "Baby, Please Come Home" as it reminds me of how wonderful it is to share Christmas with someone who you love so dearly and how painful it can be to be without them. I also am a HUGE U2 fan and just melt when I hear Bono's voice. This song really does his tremendous voice justice.

2 comments:

lkeating107 said...

Mine are O Holy Night and Baby its Cold Outside -- Rob's is "Jesus Jumping on the Mountain" -- seriously, don't ask. =0)

Dr. Crew said...

Jesus Jumping on the Mountain? Come on, is there really such a song?