Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Check out your face

I was laughing earlier today as I was walking to Starbucks for my afternoon Christmas blend. I saw someone I know here in town and they had that same face on them. It was an angry puss face. I was laughing because I remembered many years ago I was talking to a friend who told me I often held my face in an angry or annoyed position. She said that when she had initially met me she was surprised that I was a kind person as she said she always noticed my angry and serious face. I told her I didn't think I was angry. Her response was funny. She said, "well, someone needs to tell your face". I thought it was such a comical line.

I am cognizant now that I may have that puss face on. I often check it and make sure I'm not presenting myself that way. Now, I'm not saying we all need to go around like some clueless fool smiling all the time, but it really goes a long way when we have a contented face on us. I find people approach me more often, say hello, or just find me to be someone they can communicate with. I also think I, in turn, feel better overall as well when I have a contented face on me instead of my "serious scowl". Haven't I been better with that lately?

So, try it. You will see that it is quite contagious.

No comments: