Saturday, December 20, 2008

Dad in the hospital UPDATE

We saw my Father yesterday over at Mather. He looked much better. He is now eating a bit more, and he seems to be looking towards wanting to go either to a rehabilitation facility or home. It is truly amazing to me how the mind and the body work together so synergistically. Once he decided he wants to get well rather than die his body follows this intention as well.

He still is having major problems as he continues to fill up with water and is also very, very weak. He could not even move his upper body up to answer the phone. He continues, of course, to be completely narcissistic and self-centered. This, I believe, may never change.

It was good to see him again. I am able now to see the part of him that is so full of anger, pain, and fear. It is also easier to become aware of this when he is not being verbally abusive. I pray for him. I pray for his physical needs as well as his emotional and spiritual needs.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dr. Crew,
I hope your dad feels better and has a speedy recovery. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Elyssa

Dr. Crew said...

Thank you so much, Elyssa. Your blog is cool.

Anonymous said...

Hi Crew, your dad is in my prayers. Thanks for the update. Things can turn around. Jesus can reach people in deep areas where we can't. Just rest in Him. That is my hope for difficult situations. Have a wonderful day! :)
John R

Dr. Crew said...

Thank you so very much for your prayers and concern, John.