Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wounds

I will release myself from the compulsion to repeat painful patterns by learning to acknowledge the wounds that lie beneath them. In my attempts to keep these wounds from being known, I have kept myself unaware of important parts of myself. Then I seek out situations that will allow my wounds to surface and be felt. My unconscious and subconscious mind knows what it is carrying within it and wishes to come to the surface so it can heal. When I hold it in darkness, I keep an emotional infection from receiving the light and pure air that it needs to heal.

I can no longer glorify living mindlessly and without pain. I must use my pain to finally cleanse and heal myself. I must be willing to acknowledge my wounds.

"I am ill because of wounds to the soul; to the deep emotional self, and the wounds to the soul take a long, long time, only time can help and patience, and a certain difficult repentance, long difficult repentance, realization of life's mistakes and the freeing of one's self from the endless repetition of the mistake...has chosen to sanctify." D.H. Lawrence

No comments: