Monday, March 9, 2009

A Weird Weekend

Since last Wednesday I had been fighting a cold. It appeared that I was losing the battle. I got more ill as the week went on and by Friday I was not feeling well at all. I woke up Saturday morning and I knew I had to go to a Doctor as I know when I have a sinus infection. My regular Doc. does not have office hours on the weekends so Mike and I found a walk in urgent care clinic in Smithtown and headed there on Saturday morning.

I know that I am getting old, but when the Doctor came in to see me I really felt old. He looked like he may have been 26 years old. I remembered when I began my practice 27 years ago that many patients thought I was still in college or even high school! He began telling me after the examination that I had a cold and anti-biotics would not help me at all. I informed him of my medical experience as well as my knowledge of my body and stated that I had a sinus infection that needed anti-biotics to clear it up. He told me I was wrong, but gave in to my urgings and gave me a script for Azithromycin as I had asked for.

We filled it and I felt better in 24 hours on Sunday. Today(Monday) I feel 85% back to myself. So much for the cold being viral and would not respond to anti-biotics. I guess Doogie Houser was wrong.

It was a strange weekend all around. The temperature was hovering around 70 degrees and yet there was still snow on the ground from last Monday's storm. It felt like Aspen or Denver!

Since I was out of commission on Saturday we stayed home and watched "Wall-E ". I enjoyed it. I love animation and Disney just does it so well. By Sunday morning I was feeling so much better and we got out of the house a bit.

I get upset when I get ill. I always feel that I should NEVER get ill as I take good care of myself. I know I am very prone to getting sinus infections. This has been occuring ever since I was diagnosed with Sarcoidosis.

No comments: