Friday, November 21, 2008

Tiger Lily Cafe

One of my favorite places in the village to eat is Tiger Lily. It is on East Main Street across from the Port Jefferson Free Library. Lisa Cuccinello, my dear friend, and her mother opened up the avant garde alternative eatery over 10 years ago. It has just gotten better and better over the decade. Delicious wraps, salads, smoothies, cappuccinos, vegan dishes, vegetarian cuisine, and healthy versions of favorites are always available. They have the most delicious carrot-ginger soup I have ever enjoyed. Mike loves their turkey chili. It is a place always filled with Port Jeff locals and interesting people. Many "family" members are always there as well.

Lisa and her partner Kelly now own Tiger Lily as Lisa's mom has retired. I must have eaten here thousands of times and I have never been disappointed. Try Tiger Lily for yourself. It is a place where you can get a terrific home cooked meal and eat healthy as well.

No comments: