Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I want to be a CAT

Especially one of OUR CATS! Think about it...cats are contunually in the present moment. They eat when they are hungry, drink water when they are thirsty, crap and pee when they want and can relax all day until it's time to play. They are affectionate with each other and always seem to work out any differences with each other and act in a way that they don't even have a memory of the skirmish. Even with their onwers (or parents as I call us), they have no desire to make us happy intentionally. They are just completely present. " If I make you happy good, but, I 'm not trying to. I'm just being me." Yesterdays, and even for that matter, every last moment, are gone from their memory. There are no fears or worries about the future. I think I know why... they do not know they are going to die someday. So, each moment is pure and lived with abandon. They love hard and without conditions. They are loyal and honest in each and every aspect of their lives. No wonder I feel so calm when I'm with them. Every single moment with them is full of honesty and authenticity.

Our "kids" are Zima (called "Lunchie"), Jacob, Aaron, Zhanne, and Liberty. They are my guru's "in drag" teaching me so much about life and love. Yes! I want to be a cat.

No comments: