Monday, March 23, 2009

Who is that lunatic in the shorts at 4:30 am?

I went to Starbucks Saturday morning and Katie, one of my favorite barristas, said she saw me at 4:30am in my shorts at a Dunkin Donuts in Port Jefferson Station. She said, "Who else but crazy Dr. Crew would be in shorts at that time of the morning."

First of all, trust me when I tell you that the only reason I was not at Starbucks at 4:30 in the morning is that they are not open until 5:30 am, and I have to suffer through Dunkin Donuts coffee to get to the gym by 5am. But, I digress. Then I realized that it is kind of nutty to wear shorts going to the gym at that time of the morning. It really is just my own laziness that I don't put on my tear away windpants over my shorts. When you do what I do for a living you really don't want to ever be described as "crazy" before your name. Eccentric, yes! But crazy, NO! So, I thought I'd really need to stop being lazy and put on my sweatpants before heading out the door at 4:30 AM each day. I was laughing to myself as the truth is that I was wearing shorts to the gym even in January and also while it was snowing. Yes, it is a bit too crazy to do this.

No comments: