Wednesday, March 4, 2009

U2- New album

Those of you who know me well know how much I love the band U2. Yesterday their new CD "dropped". It is entitled "No Line On the Horizon".

Of course, I had to go and get a copy immediately. It was easier than usual to obtain this new CD as Starbucks is selling it. So, when I went to "Bucks" for my early afternoon pick me up I purchased the CD. As I expected, it is fantastic. U2 fans will not be disappointed as the sound is familiar to us. Bono's vocals are as perfect as ever and the lyrics are beautiful and haunting. The Egde's guitar rifts are classic and as cutting and melodic as ever.

I always tell others that if I ever had the chance to have a lunch with anyone it may very well be Bono. I find him to be a passionate and beautiful human being who is closely aligned to my political beliefs, sense of spirituality and ideology. He combines his Christian faith with his music and his passionate belief in the power of love and social activism. I love that despite all of their success, this band remains together and committed to their musical mission. They seem to change their identity and adjust to the times, yet remain committed to each other. Bono and his wife have been together for over 30 years and this is rare as well, especially with touring and so much success.

Give the new album a listen."No Line on the Horizon" is in stores as of yesterday. My favorite cuts from the album are"Moment of Surrender", "Fez-Being Born", "White as Snow", "Magnificent", and "Unknown Caller." The new CD is just $12.95 at Starbucks and what's even better is that $1. of each album sold will go directly to Bono's Global Fund fighting the spread of HIV/AIDS in Africa.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Crew. It's Terri. Don't miss U2 on Good Morning America tomorrow morning. They're saying it's supposed to be a great show. Enjoy!