Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Jesus and the Buddha #27

He told them a parable: "the land of a rich man produced abundantly. And he thought to himself, 'What should I do, for I have no place to store my crops?' Then he said, 'I will do this: I will pull down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul you have ample goods laid up for many years; relax, eat, drink, be merry.' But GOD said to him, 'You fool! This very night your life is being demanded of you. And the things you have prepared, whose will they be?' So, it is with those who store up treasures for themselves but are not rich towards GOD."

JESUS
Luke 12: 13-21



"These children and riches are mine"; thinking thus the fool is troubled. Since no one even owns thyself, what is the sense in "my children and riches"? Verily, it is the law of humanity that though one accumulates hundreds of thousands of worldly goods, one still succumbs to the spell of death. All hoardings will be dispersed, whatever rises will be cast down, all meetings must end in separation, life must finally end in death."

BUDDHA
Udanavarga 1: 20-22

No comments: