Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Two More Movie Reviews

Michael and I watched two more movies this weekend. So, I will continue with the ever-popular reviews that you all enjoy so very much.

The first film we watched was "Taken" with Liam Neeson. It is about a guy who is an ex Black Ops. agent whose daughter is abducted while visiting Paris by an Albanian (it's ALWAYS Albanians!) prostitution ring. I almost felt guilty enjoying this violent movie where you have Neeson killing and maiming people the entire length of the film. In fact, in the special effects portion of the DVD, they keep track of all of the deaths and injuries with a ticker on the top of the screen along with a "time remaining" feature as if it were a video game! (Weird, but somehow amusing.) The film is good, though. It says a lot about a Father's devotion to his child even in the midst of a divorce, etc. If you enjoy watching the "bad guys" die and love martial arts this one is for you.

The second film we saw was "Valkyrie" starring the ridiculous Tom Cruise. I have to remind myself that I can still enjoy his films even though I personally can't stand him. I love WW2 history and I was absolutely intrigued about this plot to kill Hitler by those who clearly saw where Germany was heading and what this monster had done to so many people. This was a good movie. I especially enjoyed the documentary about the actual plot on the special effects portion of the DVD. This is an enjoyable and suspenseful film. I think if you love WW2 history you will enjoy it even more.

No comments: