Friday, May 1, 2009

The Benefits of Full-Body Workouts

If your primary goal is fat loss and your time is limited, then full-body workouts with supersets will always be one of your best choices, even after you pass beyond the beginner stage. (more information on what SUPERSETS are will be on next Monday's blog.)

Full-body workouts will make sure that your muscles completely and fully recover with just 48 hours between workouts. When weight training is done on a "body part" basis, it is almost completely impossible to rest each and every muscle group completely for this 48 hour period. For example, if one trains chest on a Monday, and then trains shoulders or even arms on Tuesday the chest will still be used in the execution of the training even though the emphasis is NOT on the chest muscles.

Personally, I have tried as many different weight training regimens as I could read, copy, dream up, attempt, or hear about. The full-body workout is the best for me. My muscles obtain the full 48 hour recovery period as they are rested on Tuesday, Thursday, and on the weekend. On these non-weight training days, I do my cardio workouts.

No comments: