Friday, February 20, 2009

Meditation

"To meditate is to make a complete break with how we normally operate, for it is a state free of cares and concerns, in which there is no competition, no desire to possess or grasp at anything, no intense and anxious struggle, and no hunger to achieve. It is an ambitionless state where there is neither acceptance nor rejection, neither hope nor fear, a state in which we slowly begin to release all those emotions and concepts that have kept us imprisoned in the state of natural simplicity."
Sogyal Rinpoche from "Glimpse After Glimpse"
Daily Reflections on Living and Dying

4 comments:

macarthurpark730 said...

"Mind is consciousness which has put on limitations. You are originally unlimited and perfect. Later you take on limitations and become the mind."
- Ramana Maharshi

Through meditation we can free ourselves of the obstructions of the mind and see who we really are.

macarthurpark730 said...

Sometimes when Im all caught up in the world I just look at a simple tree and it brings me right back. The tree has no drama. The tree doesn't think any other tree's are better than it is. The tree simply is. Perfectly living out it's life in every moment. Tree's that people constantly pass by on the side of the road without noticing it. They can show me how beautiful everything really is. And does the tree care that no one takes notice? No

macarthurpark730 said...

hey dr.crew it's adam again. I wanted to tell you that I started my own blog. I figured it would be kinda fun. gives me a chance to talk about things I like. so if you want you can check it out. here's the link http://macarthurpark730.blogspot.com/

Dr. Crew said...

WOW. Adam I loved what you stated about the tree. I will use that metaphor in my work! (I'm always looking for new metaphors). I am so glad that you have incorporated mindfulness into your life. Dr. Crew