Thursday, February 5, 2009

Dr. Crew's Fat Loss Challenge- update week #2

Well, readers...I promised to honestly report my progress each and every Thursday. I 'll give you the good news first. Over the past 17 days on this program I have lost a total of 5.8 pounds. The not so good news is that according to the scale I gained 2.4 lbs. this week. I am keeping it all in perspective. Well, I am trying to. Losing that much weight in the first week was clearly an anomaly so I am comfortable with the amount I have lost overall thus far. This, like so many other things in life, is a process. I will continue to take each day at a time and work the program. This approach has served me well in every other area of my life.

Now, I have to look very closely at exactly what I am eating and how I can make improvements on the quality of my calories. (and the quantity, perhaps). This situation reminds me of some basic truths once again. First, that the number on the scale is never the complete picture. There is the possibility of water retention weight gain and muscle gain factors to consider. Secondly, a true commitment to a process does not waver when a small setback occurs. Lastly, the "big picture" is most important when one sets goals. The big picture here is 100 days on program and evaluation of results only at that time. Commitment does not change due to a number on the scale.

I feel well and people who know me well tell me I look leaner. Michael says I look "hot", and this is always so very important to me. (Well, he's biased though!) Ha!

Well, I can tell you all that I believe next Thursday will be very different from today. Let's wait and see.

2 comments:

jenn's mom said...

could you have gained more musscle this week. it weigh more than fat. could your biody be leveling off for losing too much too soon.
guess you can't blame it on that time of the month. latley that's only good once every 6 months.

Dr. Crew said...

Hi Jenn's mom. Yes, all of these are factors. I know that it's all about the process. I rest in this knowledge.