Thursday, February 26, 2009

Dr. Crew's Fat Loss Challenge- update week #5

Hello blog readers. I have dropped another .6 pounds of body fat this week. This brings the grand total after 37 days of this program to 7.4 pounds of body fat dropped since starting this program.

I am very content with the progression of fat loss as I do not have a lot of fat to lose. I am continuing to eat one meal per week as a "free meal" and I do not limit myself for this meal. I am eating cleanly the rest of the week. I continue to exercise and weight train and have not lost any muscle weight since this program's inception. I eat fruits and vegetables each day and drink plenty of water. I make sure that I eat at least 4 or 5 small meals each day complete with protein and healthy carbohydrates.

I am beginning to see a pattern here as I become increasingly mindful of my hunger and my body's response to food. I see that I become hungry about 3-4 hours after eating a meal if I have eaten cleanly. If I have eaten too much I do not become hungry this way and I certainly can feel the difference. It is clearly true that one can listen to one's body when it comes to feeling hungry.

I am now reframing minor hunger seeing this as my body efficiently burning fat as I feel a small pang of hunger before I feed the hunger request.

Drop me a line and inform me of how you're doing!

No comments: