Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Nailbiting and Treatment Protocol

Nailbiting is a habit that is quite common. It often begins in childhood and like any habit is difficult to stop. This is especially true if one has been biting their nails for many years. I have to say that this is actually the easiest habit to treat while utilizing hypnotherapy. I have treated many clients who are prone to this repetitive behavior pattern and the success rate is close to 100%.

I utilize an NLP type of hypnotic trance induction technique which is very powerful. In addition, I always inform patients that for a while they neeed to have weekly manicures. I know, it sounds strange, I'll admit. But, it works. This combination is deadly to the nailbiting habit. There are times when clients need to return for a follow up hypnosis, but by the end of the second hypnotherapy session they are basically rid of this nasty habit.

How do I know so much about this nailbiting problem? Well, I am a recovering nail biter through the use of hypnotherapy and weekly manicures. I had been biting my nails since I was a young child and I had never been able to stop for any length of time. I am now nail-biting free for 4 years now!

I would highly recommend getting manicures at Jefferson Nail salon which is just steps away from my office on Main Street(331-3938, 464 Main Street, Port Jefferson Village) See my dear friend Adele. Not only is she the best nail technician I have ever worked with she is kind, intelligent and a beautiful person. She will provide you with a discount if you are being treated for the nail biting habit. Tell her Dr. Crew highly recommended you to see her. She is the owner of the salon as well.

No comments: