Monday, November 17, 2008

GESTALT Therapy

I am now a certified Gestalt therapist having passed all of the exams and coursework through the Stonebridge Institute in England. Gestalt Therapy is, in a nutshell, about the contact, awareness, personal responsiveness and personal responsibility of each individual. It is, for me, about the aliveness of each moment and the exuberant awareness of the here and now and the choices we make. While it was a difficult course of study, I truly gained tremendous knowledge and experience by partaking in this endeavor. All we really ever have is the present moment and it is interesting to become aware of what we actually choose to focus on and think about in each moment. When we dwell in the past or project our fears into the future... the moment is gone forever. I am looking forward to incorporating these new techniques and valueable knowledge into my practice and personal life.

No comments: