Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Biofeedback Treatment sessions

Biofeedback is a useful tool to assist patient's reduction of anxiety. I have been using biofeedback in my practice for many years. Basically, when a session begins the biofeedback machine emits a barrage of light and sound which tends to cause the arousal of the limbic system. A patient often feels something similar to the initial anxiety attack brought on by the "fight ot flight" response. As this accours, I am assisting the patient to allow the natural process of relaxation response to occur even while being exposed to both auditory and visual stimulous from the machine.

I have had much success in utilizing this technique in my practice especially with those whom experience panic disorder and phobic responses.

1 comment:

Biofeedback Treatment said...

Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I've truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!
Also visit my page