Friday, April 3, 2009

"For All We Know"

I was listening to The Carpenters Greatest Hits CD in my office this morning. I had gotten it from my Mother. She asked me if I had wanted anything from my Dad's CD collection and I chose it. It was one of Dad's favorite CDs to listen to while he was in his office on the computer. I was sitting at my computer, in my office, listening to his favorite CD.

The song "For All We Know" came on and I just started to weep uncontrollably. It was really strange. I have wept a bit about my Father's death, but this was a deluge. It felt rather cathartic to let this all go. The words of this song, like so many of Karen and Richard Carpenter's creations, are just so beautiful. This song reminds me of my Mom and Dad meeting, falling in love, raising their children together, and staying together all of these years until his death in January.

A good cry is just so cleansing. I truly miss my Daddy.

No comments: