Monday, August 30, 2010

Meditation and Attention Span

Too distracted to finish reading this tip?
Improve your attention span with regular meditation.


Does your mind constantly flit from one thing to the next? If you have a difficult time staying focused on a single task, meditation may help you improve your attention span.
According to research in the journal Psychological Science, mastering the art of meditation may help improve focus, concentration and your attention span. People who underwent a three-month meditation retreat were periodically subjected to boring but demanding tests that required their full focus. All of the meditators improved over the duration of the meditation retreat.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for these tips. Yes, I've been having a hard time focusing on one goal lately. I've been juggling tasks here and there. I'll make sure that whenever I get the chance, I'll meditate. I'll even play an uplifting background music to help soothe my spirit.

Oh, about playing music in the background while meditating, I've learned this in the Thetahealing session I've attended with my friends before. The instructors there say that there is a certain frequency that can help you soothe your soul. Ever since the Thetahealing instructors there taught us about it, I've been using music during meditation.

Cleo Pascal said...

Meditation, as an alternative healing therapy, does not only help improve your attention span, but also your overall mental health. It makes sure that you won't lose focus when you do things. This is a form of natural health therapy because it doesn't involve the application of any external medicine or chemical on the body, thus making it a healthy form of "healing".