Saturday, September 12, 2009

Good Communication

Scale: So, half a pound…that’s a good start.
Mirror: Please…have you seen this guy?
Scale: I don’t see him as much as feel him…and he’s usually naked.
Mirror: I see him naked too… not...good...and half a pound down and he’s looking at me like he’s Brad Pitt.
Scale: But you have to be positive. Half a pound down is better than half a pound up.
Mirror: You have to stop messing with his head. Let’s be real..he craps half a pound.
Scale: You’re gross.
Mirror: But truthful…he’s lowered his expectations of himself.
Scale: He’s trying.
Mirror: I get that…but I remember when he used to look at me through a different set of eyes .
Scale: What are you talking about?
Mirror: This guy once had abs…and bicep cuts…and a jaw line.
Scale: Yes…I remember those days. It was much easier on me as well…
Mirror: So, don’t kiss his feet every time he drops half a pound.
Scale: Well, don’t beat him up every time he turns to you for approval.
Mirror: Tell him to give me something to approve…how about consistency?
Scale: He does go up and down on the weekends..
Mirror: Damn right…half a pound on a Friday and he’s celebrating with 3 vodka/rocks.
Scale: And then he’s up 3 pounds on Monday…
Mirror: And Brad Pitt is no more…
Scale: OK, OK…so maybe we can work together to get him those abs back.
Mirror: Fine. I’ll make sure he is really looking at himself truthfully…
Scale: And I will back you up with real data.
Mirror: We’ve got some work to do…you know that, right?
Scale: Yes…I know…but I think he can do it. He really wants to be better.
Mirror: I agree… Talk to you tomorrow?
Scale: Every day.
Mirror: Done.
Scale: Done.


This is an excerpt from my friend, Victor's son's blog. You can read more at www.thedaddybelly.blogspot.com

No comments: