Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Nirvana and Enlightenment #87

People make all kinds of excuses for doing what they are doing, no matter what the consequences may be to themselves or to others.

Why?
Because the structure of the physical world allows this to take place.

"I have to earn money, don't I?
"I have to have a place to live, don't I?"
"I can't be looked down upon by others, can I?"

These worldly motivating factors are simply justifications for doing what
you want to do at whatever cost--without any consideration for whom
you are negatively affecting by your actions.

How does your job affect the world around you?
How does what you are doing to achieve your desires affect
the energy of the universe?

If you can't consciously answer these questions,
how do you expect to meet NIRVANA?

NIRVANA is never embraced in a state of moral justification
or psychological denial.

No comments: