Monday, October 25, 2010

Punished By Our Anger

"You will not be punished FOR your anger; you will be punished BY your anger."

Buddha


People won’t listen to me or take me seriously because all they see is an incoherent screaming ball of wrath.

The incoherence is another point – how can I articulate myself over the things I believe in if my anger stops me from getting my words in the right order?

Because I’m hung up on my anger, I can’t let it go which means it affects me physically. It makes me feel sick as my blood pressure soars; I begin to go deaf and everything starts to get fuzzy around the edges and I even get chest pains.

Being angry all the time is a lonely business. Not many people want to be around someone who can snap at the smallest incident.

Anger causes blindness. I can’t see the whole picture when I’m hell bent on venting my fury and exacting my will.

I always say things I regret when I’m gnashing my teeth – usually to the people I love the most.

Everything comes out, nothing is censored.

I have little joy in my life right now because everything gets under my skin and annoys me, and then I get irritated by this fact.

No comments: